P&O 2 Bedroom Apartment SLATE WHARF
Manchester Manchester, 13 Slate Wharf
ref. no.: 2 Bed Apt City Ctr Sleeps 6 (15)
Price per day from :
- 197EUR per day
Price per week from :
- 198EUR per day
Price per 28 days from :
- 119EUR per day
Slate Wharf Apartments
in the heart of Castlefield 5 min walk from Deansgate a main artery Rd in Manchester. The apartment Sleep 6 people and has wifi and BT TV Package and comes complete with a fully equipped kitchen including pots pans plates and cutlery. Also linen and towels are provided
1 Secure car park space wifi and BT TV Package.
Available through airbnb message system or by mobile
Castlefield is without doubt the most beautiful area of town to go for a drink, especially in summer when it can get incredibly busy.
Located alongside the Bridgewater and Rochdale Canals, the Museum of Science & Industry and the old Roman fortress on Liverpool Road, it houses some of Manchester's best independent bars and pubs together with some of the city's finest restaurants.
A wonderfully historic setting, Castlefield is an area you can't help but fall in love with and, when bar culture really hit Manchester in the mid 1990's, stylish Mancunians, footballers and celebs flocked to its trendy canalside bars.
Sadly, the area suffered badly when fashion dictated the crowds walk a few metres along the cobbled road to the nearby Deansgate Locks.
The likes of Quay Bar, Box Bar and Jackson's Wharf all closed down long before the Beetham Tower blocked their once beautiful view of Manchester's skyline.
Situated on Manchester's most prime real estate plots, their architectually brilliant shells were left to decay by landlords who tried and failed to get planning permission for huge ugly apartment blocks to replace the less profitable bars.
Fortunately, there are some wonderful new bars and pubs in Castlefield, which is seemingly busier than ever before, especially on sunny days or, with Old Trafford just a 30 minute walk along the canal towpath, when Manchester United are playing at home.
How to get to Castlefield
Deansgate train and tram stations are both within five minutes walk of Castlefield. The free Metroshuttle bus (route 2) runs along Deansgate, near to Castlefield.
It is home to a Roman fort, networks of canals, old mills, new bars, sophisticated restaurants and a wide range of accommodation.
Deansgate train station is minutes away from the apartment and close to all public transport I.e. buses and trams
A retreat from the city within the city!!
Free secure parking space and BT TV Package and free unlimited wifi
Rental of a whole Apartment
Bed Linen (provided per bed and sofa bed not per person) Towels are provided per person
1 space free secure parking
BT TV Package
Free unlimited wifi
Iron Ironing Board
Fully equipped Kitchen pots, pans, cutlery etc...
3rd bed is a sofa bed
M60, come off onto the M602 towards the City Centre which will turn into Regent Rd (A57). Follow Regent Rd until you come to the Porcelanosa (bathroom showroom) and get into your far left lane which comes off the A57 and onto the roundabout at the bottom of Deansgate keep again in your far left hand lane and take the first exit follow the road round until you come to a junction turn right then look on your left the apartment block is the second building after the carpark gate and the your carpark space is through the gate and to the left.
In The Apartment
- Check in is 3pm and check out is 11am unless specified prior to your visit
- Check out. Keys can be left in the fridge in the apartment (I know this this might seem strange) just close the door, I know it’s unlocked but text me when you leave and I will send my cleaner within minutes.
- If you arrive earlier than 3pm or need to depart later than 11am and we are unable to check you in or out before these times luggage can be stored at Piccadilly Train Station, Left Luggage Office – Platform 10. There is a small fee for the service starting at £6 per item for up to 3 hours.
- Stop cock for the water is in the cupboard on the right as you enter the flat from the front door.
- The rear gate combination is 5555 and then press the button at the underneath/bottom of padlock
- You have BT TV Package and Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi Password code is on the bottom of the router situated next to the TV.
- You are provide with a towel per person and bedding for 2 double beds and a double sofa bed (dependent upon occupancy numbers)
- If you require a daily, weekly clean this is extra and will cost £35 per clean
- A Radio is situated in the lounge that has Bluetooth connectivity for your phone or tablet/laptop to enable you to play music through. Just scan using your Bluetooth. (Please remember to be respectful to the neighbours)
- Bins are located in the carpark building just outside of the back yard gates
- Local Taxi Company. Street Cars 0161 2287878
The Area, Restaurants, Bars, Night clubs
Fresh apartments is situated across the road from the 5 Star Lowry Hotel in Manchester, you are 5 min walk from Deansgate which is the main artery road through the city. You also have the new vibrant part of the city called Spinning Fields only 5 min walk away, which has a number of bars and restaurants…great for the summer.
Please see below link to Manchester Tourist information located on Portland St in the city centre
- A&A Pharmacy. 58 Wilmslow Rd, M14 5AL , 0161 2248501
The best eating in town for me is in the Northern Quarter, this is mainly due to the nature of the area being made up of small independent shops, boutiques, bars and restaurants all of which have that create, arty individual flair. However you can get some good bars and eating in the Spinningfields.
- Neighbourhood. Taking inspiration straight from the NYC Meatpacking district, Neighbourhood offers a stylish diversion from the traditional steakhouse ambience. It's modern and sultry industrial interior gives a casual approach to the fine dining experience. The avenue North Spinning fields Manchester M3 3BZ
- Dough Pizza Kitchen is an award-winning restaurant bringing a fresh slice of pizza, style and choice to Manchester’s Northern Quarter. Situated in the heart of the city’s independent creative district, Dough offers a contemporary approach to pizza and fuses family friendliness with urban cool to create a unique, affordable dining
- Almost Famous has reopened their original restaurant in the Northern Quarter!
Same as last time, this popular burger joint serves some of the best and original burgers in the city. No bookings, join the queue. 100 High St
Northern Quarter, Manchester. M4 1HP
- Home sweet Home, Breakfast, lunch and Dinner the best comfort food in Manchester, oh and also the best cakes!! 49 51 Edge St Northern Quarter M4 1HW
- Solita. An exciting eatery serving the best American pig out food complete with soul food classics like fried chicken and waffles a must try believe me!!. Turner St Manchester M4 1DW
- SuperStore. Trendy restaurant/bar/coffeshop with grocery down stairs serving good food. Great choice of beers and wines and the food is great. G18 Smithfield Building, Tib St Northern Quarter M4 1NB
- Koh Samui. If its Thai food you want then look no further than this basement restaurant off Portland St ….as authentic as you can get. 16 Princess St, Manchester M1 4NB
- Kosmonauts. Great beers, Great beats, Great vibe. 10 Tariff St Manchester M1 2FF
- Bluu. One of the first of the new set of bars in the northern quarter and still going strong. Smithfield Market Buildings, Thomas St, M41BD
- Black dog ballroom. Pool and light snacks. Basement Afleck’s Palace, Church St Manchester M4 1PW
- Cord. Another Oldie but definitely a Goldie!!Dorsey Street, Manchester, M4 1LU
- Trof Northern Quarter. The best Indie bar in Manchester. Live music on some nights and a great selection of beers. 8 Thomas St, M4 1EU
- Australasia. Get dressed up and glam at this upmarket Bar/Restaurant. 1 The Avenue Spinning fields M3 3AP
- The Lawn Club. The lawns ], Hardman square spinning fields Manchester M3 3JE
- Long Bar. Perfect for summer time drinking. The Lawns, Hardman Square, Spinning fields, M3 3JE
For the Family and Kids
- Lego Land. Trafford Centre, Barton square, M17 8AS
- Sea life centre. Barton Square, The Trafford Centre, Manchester M17 8AS
- Bowling. Great Northern Wharehouse, Deansgate
- Museum of Science and industry (brilliant fun and educational plus its free to get in…please provide them with a small donation) Liverpool Rd, Manchester M3 4FP
- Tatton Park, From walks to wedding shows, car shows to Canalettos, there is something to suit every passion at Tatton Park. It is one of the UK’s most complete historic estates offering plenty of things to do and great days out with family, kids and friends. 30 min drive. Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 6QN
- Dunham Massey, 20 min drive. Altrincham WA14 4SJ
- Play Factore has in one year established itself as the largest family entertainment centre in the UK. The state of the art centre houses the biggest play frame in Europe along with a host of other unique attractions that really are second to none. Trafford Way, Trafford Quays Leisure Village, Manchester, Lancashire M41 7JA
- Chester. Beautiful roman walled city great for shopping and sightseeing. 40 min drive from the city on the M56.
- Barbakan Speciality Bread makers and delicatessant. This is a must for the foodie. The breads are Amazing…….my favourite is the Chorlton Sour Dough or the bacon cheese bread.
- Unicorn Grocery. Co-op selling only organic produce. Amazing Place.
- Chorlton Cum Hardy. What can I say….a hip trendy area full of small bars eateries and speciality food shops (Unicorn, Barbakan)
- West Didsbury, Again this is an area that has many shops, bars and restaurants. On a Friday and Saturday night it is a jumping lively place all round a great night out.
We sincerely Hope you enjoy your stay with us.